Strony

Tuesday 24 May 2016

Sometimes you have to do something bad to avoid doing something worse...


 What I'm wearing today seems to be an unusual choice. But I can't help it, I love this dress in it's all flowing glory! It's especially great for sunny days like today. All I need now is a fancy victorian hat and I'm ready for afternoon tea at the park.


Dress: CC fashion / shoes: Deichmann / skeleton hand: Glovestar

The dress also reminded me of an interesting movie, since I thought immediately that the main character would probably wear it.







The movie ,,Stoker" is an interesting thriller. Quite usual story - the unknown family member arrives and changes the home residents' lives. But what is truly important, the movie is built on a specific, dark 50' climate with a greyish green and brown palette. The individual frames make beautiful mysterious paintings. Also a lot of symbols appear here, from flashbacks of main character's hunting with father, through playing piano, to spiders and shoes. Everything has it's meaning and, as the story goes forward, slowly reveal psychology of rather ,,weird" and a bit disturbing mind of this girl.

If you are not familiar with the movie yet, I highly recommend seeing it. It's worth at least for the artistic pleasure and chills you can get from discovering the mysteries.


"Just as a flower does not choose its color,
we are not responsible for what we have come to be.
Only once you realize this do you become free,
and to become adult is to become free."

2 comments:

  1. I love the dress, and I've really been wanting to see the movie Stoker. I completely forgot the name of it, so I'm glad you posted about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I'm happy my post was helpful in some way.

      Delete