Strony

Thursday 11 August 2016

Calabria

Excuse me for my absence on this blog. I have just returned from a holiday travel with lots of good memories I want to share with you (with huge load of pics). I got the chance to see a south Italian region with my parents. I am satisfied with pretty cities and amazing nature I saw. I will remember this for long, I am sure.

Our first trip was to see the city of Tropea, the wonderful XVII century town situated on a cliff. It's filled with old palaces and restaurants hidden in small alleys. The church placed on an elevation near the coast is most characteristic point. The local red onions are sold everywhere. What is interesting, the city was bombed during the WWII, but all the 6 bombs remain unexploded. Sill, it's always shocking to me how people would want to destroy such beautiful places.













There was an Alice in Wonderland restaurant in a town. Of course I had to take some photos and eat there. Look at those clocks! So cute!




Another town we saw is Pizzo. Not as big as Tropea, it still has some secrets. the builing below is where Joachim Murat, the Napoleon's brother-in-law, was imprisoned and executed.

What are liked the most was Piedigrotta - a chapel build inside the cave near the coast. The sculptures located in such an unusual area are stunning.






The last trip was to Stromboli island - this time on ship. We were here from afternoon to night. The island is basically the one big (almost 1 km high) volcano which is active all the time - the eruptions take place every 10-12 minutes! Unfortunately, we didn't see the eruption, but laying on the ship at night and watching stars is an amazing feeling to compensate. The island also contains beaches with black sand and many, many lovely shops.




I loved the Calabria all together and I definetely hope to return here someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment